S.O.S – Support our Shed
Help us to Build a Maintenance Shed
At present, to carry out any maintenance on locomotives and rolling stock our team have to work out in the open elements; lovely on a nice warm day in summer but as you can perhaps imagine – horrible on a wet winter day!
To date, we currently have been able to install a pit and associated track work to the pit; the time has now come for a really big push to enable us to put a building over the pit and a second road so that the maintenance team can work in the dry and we have some under cover storage space. This will allow the railway to carry out maintenance all year round instead of just when the weather is nice!
Our aim is to raise £250,000 – yes that’s right a quarter of a million pounds – to enable us to put up a two road shed and you can donate to the appeal in the following ways:
- Click here to donate via the Charity Choice website;
- Collect all your unwanted coins (and notes!) and deliver them to any of the staffed stations;
- Use the easyfundraising site when you make purchases from retailers listed in the directory.
- Use the easysearch for searches on the internet
- For the cost of a text message, you can donate via JustTextGiving by Vodafone
Thank you for your support.